Do you love kids? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with children? Do you have a need to give back to the community?
Stateline Family YMCA is currently hiring part-time Stay n' Play staff members for its Roscoe, IL location. Shifts are currently 8:00am-11:00am Hours will increase as services expand over the next few months.
Join a forward-thinking non-profit organization in furthering our mission to provide programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides quality care to children of all race, gender and ethnic background. Implements daily activity plans as able, while being flexible to each child's needs
- Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities, ensuring safety of all
- Makes observations of each child to ensure they have no infectious illness
- Maintains positive relationships with children, parents, and other staff.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions
- Previous experience working with children preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to initiate age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities
- Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds - with coworkers, parents and children