Are you looking for an opportunity to work with people? Do you have a love for customer service and helping others? Do you have a need to give back to the community?
The Stateline Family YMCA is currently hiring a part-time Membership Engagement Specialist. Shifts currently needed are - weekends and nights.
Join a forward-thinking non-profit organization in furthering our mission to provide programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet and assist all members, potential members and staff in a courteous, professional and friendly manner. Be enthusiastic towards members by learning their names and expressing an interest in their YMCA activities. Strive to enrich their YMCA experience by introducing them to new programs, staff, members and volunteer activities. Ensure member satisfaction and retention through impeccable member service and practices that promote member engagement and well-being.
- Have a Members First demeanor and create an outstanding Y experience through:
- Interviewing prospective members; explain rates, policies, procedures, benefits and features to membership.
- Maintaining current member relationships, and provide support and motivation to ensure success and retention.
- Having a comprehensive knowledge of all programs and facilities and making suggestions that match member’s goals.
- Help prospective members and members experience the YMCA by introducing them to other staff and members. Develop new opportunities for members to interact with one another. Be a “Relationship Builder” for the YMCA.
- Answer the telephone, provide requested information, direct calls and take accurate messages. Handle potential new member phone inquiries using YMCA best practices.
- Providing tours that encompass the full member experience which highlights member/staff connections and a supportive atmosphere. Ask prospective members to join and make follow up contact with those who did not sign up.
- Respond to members’ needs. Contact appropriate personnel when necessary. Handle problems. Use appropriate forms to communicate concerns or praise.
- Provide back up to the Member Service Specialists as needed including new member sign-ups, processing new member ID cards, issuing guest passes and register members for programs and services, as needed.
- Follow proper procedures for group memberships, AWAY members and guests who come in to use the facility. Follow identification requirements and guest guidelines.
- Minimum age requirement is 18
- 6 months Customer Service experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Strong skills in the ability to interact, work with, and motivate people in a positive manner; excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Demonstrated skills in customer service, public relations, organizational skills, communications and computer knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills and demonstrated professionalism in both attitude and appearance.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community