Do you enjoy working outside? Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a sports setting? Do you have a need to give back to the community?
The Stateline Family YMCA Beloit, WI is currently hiring seasonal Groundskeepers. Join a forward-thinking non-profit organization in furthering our mission to provide programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. This position will work 30-40 hours each week and need to be available to work several weekend events hosted at the Youth Sports Complex.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and coordinates grounds team to ensure grounds at Youth Sports Complex are upkept and game-ready.
- Prepares grounds (e.g. fertilizes soil, courtyards, flower beds, etc.) for the purpose of providing adequate, attractive and safe areas for recreational activities and/or athletic events
- Prepares fields as needed for sporting events
- Works closely with the Director to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner and all YMCA standards are upheld
- Timely sweeps of property to gather trash and any blowing debris
- Maintains positive relationships with children, parents, and other staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of climates
- Ability to perform labor that is physical in nature