Do you enjoy working with youth and have a need to give back to the community? The Stateline YMCA is currently hiring seasonal, part-time Youth Baseball and Softball Umpires Monday - Thursday evenings usually with a 5pm start time. Join a forward-thinking non-profit organization in furthering our mission to provide programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Individuals must uphold all standards, rules, and regulations specific to the Stateline Family YMCA League.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with children of all ages as well as parents and coaches.
- Demonstrate the ability to control all aspects of a competitive or recreational game.
- Responsible for set-up and tear down of playing fields according to the regulations specific to YMCA Youth Sports.
- Maintains positive relationships with children, parents, and other staff. Models relationship building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Responsible for obtaining equipment from Director or Coordinator and returning it when the event is finish
- Proficient knowledge of baseball and/or softball
- Prior experience as baseball and/or softball umpire helpful
- CPR, First Aid and AED certification and/or experience a plus
- Must be able to demonstrate physical activity skills in accordance with YMCA standards
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community